Fire causes nearly $25K in damages at east Charlotte laundromat
Updated: Apr. 17, 2018 at 6:33 AM EDT
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - No one was injured when a laundromat in east Charlotte caught fire Tuesday morning.
The two-alarm fire occurred at Cleaners & Laundry on North Graham Street shortly after midnight. The Charlotte Fire Department tweeted about the incident around 12:40 a.m.
Firefighters said there was heavy smoke when they arrived. It took about 50 firefighters to control the blaze within 24 minutes, crews said.
The fire caused approximately $25,000 in damages, firefighters say.
No one was inside the business when it caught fire. Crews said the fire started behind a clothes dryer.
Copyright 2018 WBTV. All rights reserved.