IREDELL COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - A dozen people were arrested in an Iredell County child support round-up, "Operation Pay up," over the weekend.
The Iredell County Office says the child support warrant round up happened in the early-morning hours this past weekend, and targeted people who failed to pay child support through the court system.
"It's our job to arrest and bring in these individuals who have failed to pay and obey the court ordered child support. The children are the ones who suffer from this, because of an irresponsible adult," Sheriff Campbell said.
Deputies say several of the people have been in hiding. The total amount of back child support owed to children at the beginning of the operation was more than $98,000, deputies say. The 12 parents arrested over the weekend reportedly owed a total of $22,722.84.
Below is a list of those arrested in the operation:
- Christopher Berryman of Troutman
- Scotty Eugene Hartness of Statesville
- Joshua Wayne Seagro of Mooresville
- Christopher Darnell Rucker of Statesville
- Heather Ryan Nesbitt of Statesville
- Jeremy Williams of Statesville
- Travis Sheely of Statesville
- Cindy Garnder of Mooresville
- Edward Massey III of Mooresville
- James Vanwert of Mooresville
- Dravey Mayfield of Statesville
- Devin Bates of Statesville
MOBILE USERS: Click here to see mugshots of those arrested
We are still sending the message Sheriff Campbell said, "Be responsible for your children, and don't leave the burden of providing for your kids on society. Keeping these types of warrants served are a priority at the Iredell County Sheriff's Office."