FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) - Ten people were arrested and charged in a human trafficking and illegal prostitution sting conducted at a motel, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office announced.
The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office Human Trafficking Unit, along with support from the Fayetteville Police Department's Human Trafficking Unit, the Hope Mills Police Department, and the Army's Criminal Investigation Command, conducted an undercover human trafficking and illegal prostitution operation Feb. 24 at a motel.
The operation was undertaken in an attempt to identify potential victims of human trafficking and anyone engaged in illegal prostitution, according to the sheriff's office.
Ten people were arrested and charged in connection with the bust.
Those arrested were charged with solicitation of prostitution. The list is below:
- Steven Richard Hatley, 65, of Fayetteville
- Brian Keith Paige, 53, of Hope Mills
- Lenward Lewis Parker Jr., 35, of Spring Lake
- Theodore Micheal Boone, 47, of Fayetteville
- Jordan Nicole West, 25, of Spring Lake
- Sandy Renee Jones (Pittman), 42, of Lumberton
- Milton Donnell McLaughlin, 53, of Raeford
- Thomas Ashely McKoy, 64,of Clarkton
- Patricia Lee Fancher, 46, of Lumberton
- Joseph Shaw, 34, of Fayetteville