CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - WBTV's Brigida Mack shared her #TeamNoSugar approved recipe for Shrimp Fried Cauliflower "Rice". She says she loves it because it's a "healthy swap" for Chinese take-out.
She said this recipe makes a large batch and serves 3-4 people.
- 2 bags of frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 2 bags of frozen mixed vegetables (the peas, carrots and corn variety)
- 1 bag of large frozen shrimp
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 TBSP of butter (Kerrygold Irish butter is my fave!)
- 4 TBSP Sesame Oil
Season to taste
- Braggs Liquid Aminos (instead of soy sauce)
- Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb Blend
- Black Pepper
- Parsley flakes
- Himalayan Pink Salt (but regular sea salt is fine, too)
- Take frozen rice cauliflower and mixed veggies out to thaw for about 20 minutes before cooking.
- You’ll need to thaw the bag of large frozen shrimp, too. You can speed thawing process up by running lukewarm water over the shrimp. Transfer to a colander; then to a large bowl.
- Heat 2 TBSP of sesame oil in large pan (I use cast iron) over medium high heat.
- Season shrimp with generous amount of pepper, Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb Blend, and Parsley flakes.
- Add in pink salt – 1-2 tsp should be plenty. Toss well.
- Add shrimp to pan, cook until pink; 5-7 minutes
- Remove shrimp, set aside and cover with aluminum foil.
- Add remaining TBSP of sesame oil, 2-3 TBSP of butter. Add frozen riced cauliflower and mixed vegetables; cover and simmer until cauliflower and veggies are tender; stirring frequently.
- Scramble two eggs well in a separate pan; add to riced cauliflower.
- Add Shrimp and then Braggs Liquid Amino to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve.