Boy chained with dead chicken around neck files lawsuit
UNION, COUNTY N.C. (AP) - A teen who was chained to the porch of a North Carolina house with a dead chicken around his neck is suing his former foster parent, social services officials and Union County.
The teen filed a lawsuit last week claiming Wanda Sue Larson used "connections" with local officials to manipulate his custody and that Union County inadequately supervised her, news outlets report.
Larson and her boyfriend pleaded guilty to multiple child abuse charges in his case.
County officials declined to comment. A phone number for Larson couldn't be found.
Prosecutors said the boy was beaten and starved and had been forced to sleep on a floor, chained up. Prosecutors also said he had marks and scars on his body as well as a broken wrist and an infected hand.
- Boy found chained to porch with chicken around neck speaks out for first time
- Boy tortured in DSS care is going home to mom
- Former DSS supervisor released after pleading guilty in child abuse case
- RAW VIDEO: Wanda Sue Larson released from jail
- Former DSS supervisor pleads guilty to child abuse, release set week later
- Man accused of chaining boy to porch with dead chicken pleads guilty
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.