Advertisement

Officials: Electrical malfunction sparks Gastonia hotel fire

Published: Nov. 8, 2015 at 4:02 PM EST|Updated: Dec. 8, 2015 at 4:02 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
(Source: Gastonia Fire Department)
(Source: Gastonia Fire Department)
(Source: Gastonia Fire Department)
(Source: Gastonia Fire Department)

GASTONIA, NC (WBTV) - A Sunday morning hotel fire was caused by an electrical malfunction, officials say.

The Gastonia Fire Department responded to The Red Carpet Inn on Broadcast Street at 5:53 a.m. When they got there they say heavy flames were showing from one of the room and hotel occupants were being evacuated.

Firefighters say it took about 10 minutes to put out the fire.

According to officials, the room that caught fire was vacant, but the adjacent rooms were occupied when the fire started. Everyone was able to get out and no injuries were reported.

An estimated $50,000 in damages was caused by the fire.

Copyright 2015 WBTV. All Rights Reserved.