There are a variety of dangerous driving conditions you can encounter when on the road. With such unpredictable weather, you want to be prepared for anything that comes your way, including rain! You're probably well aware that driving in the rain can be dangerous and stressful. Toyota of N Charlotte is sharing safe driving tips to help you stay safe and keep your cool while on the road.
The best way to take on hazardous driving conditions is to be prepared. With the right knowledge about which driving techniques to use, you can increase your chance of staying safe while driving your new Toyota in the rain. Here are some safe driving tips to keep in mind when driving your new Toyota in N Charlotte in weather that's less than ideal:
- Don't rush: You should never rush when driving your new Toyota in N Charlotte on wet roads. We suggest leaving early, so you can have some extra drive time to get to your destination without speeding. Keep to the speed limit or slower.
- Brake early: Slippery roads make it harder to come to a stop, which is why you want to anticipate stops and brake early. Waiting until last minute to hit the brakes can cause your wheels to slip and you to lose control of your N Charlotte Toyota.
- Leave extra space between other cars: Not all drivers are going to be as careful as you are when driving in the rain. This is why you want to watch out for other drivers and leave extra space between your new Toyota and the car in front of you. Leaving at least five car spaces in between will give you some extra time if the car in front of you comes to a sudden halt!
- Watch out for puddles: When you can't avoid driving your N Charlotte Toyota in the rain, you should try to avoid big puddles. Puddles can cause your vehicle to hydroplane, which can be extremely dangerous! Deep puddles can also damage your car and cause it to stall.
We mentioned hydroplaning a couple times and how you can avoid it. Hydroplaning is when your car tires get between your car tires and the road, causing you to lose control of steering and braking. How should you handle your new Toyota in N Charlotte if it starts to hydroplane? Here are a few tips:
- Ease take your foot off the gas, but DO NOT hit the brakes
- Don't turn your wheel suddenly, just keep it steady until you recover control
- DON'T PANIC! – our new Toyota have safety features to help you regain traction