With all of the hazards you can face while behind the wheel of your new Toyota in N Charlotte, driving is risky. You may not realize just how dangerous the roads are because you drive on them every day, but there are thousands of car accidents a year! This is why you should start driving more cautiously and take up defensive driving. Defensive driving is a way of driving in which you actively anticipate driving hazards and avoid them!
- Don't text and drive: Texting and driving has become a seriously dangerous issue! Thousands of drivers are involved in a collision from trying to text and drive, which is why you should put away your phone while in your new Toyota in N Charlotte and wait till you get to your destination to text!
- Eliminate distractions: Along the same lines of texting and driving, you should eliminate all other distractions. These distractions include loud music, too many passengers and talking on the phone! The more focused you are at the task at hand, the better you can avoid danger.
- Don't drink and drive: You should already know the laws about drinking and driving. Although you can technically have a small amount of alcohol and still drive, we suggest you adopt a zero tolerance policy to drinking and driving. This means you shouldn't get into the driver's seat of your new Toyota in N Charlotte if you drank ANY alcohol!
- Used the Four Second Rule: The Four Second Rule is something that will help you keep a safe distance from the car in front of you. To use the Four Second Rule, you have to first pick a stationary object like a telephone pole. Once the car in front of you passes the object, you can start counting. If you pass the same object in less than four seconds, you're driving too close and you should slow down!
- Follow traffic laws: Of course, you know you're supposed to follow the traffic laws, how often do you ignore them? These laws are in place for your protection, which is why you should always follow them. This includes going the speed limit, making complete stops at stop signs, and stopping at a red light! Not only will this keep you safe, but it'll also save you from paying a hefty fine if you get caught breaking these rules!
If you want to stay safe while driving, get into a safe new Toyota in N Charlotte. You'll feel safe and secure with all of the safety features we have available!
Visit us today at 13428 Statesville Rd. in Huntersville. You can also give us a call at (888) 883-3797 for more information.