Early morning fire in North Charlotte under investigation
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - An early Saturday morning fire in North Charlotte has displaced 4-5 people .
A fire alarm which went out at 6:37am for a structure fire at the 5000 block of Greene Street was caused by the chimney.
The fire worked it's way up through the attic to the roof.
Captain Rob Brisley with the Charlotte Fire Department said that the occupants of the residence were able to get out unharmed due to a working smoke alarm.
The house was a Foster home and all the displaced residence have been able to find a place to stay.
The fire caused $30,000 worth of damage and took firefighters 25 minutes to knockdown.
Copyright WBTV 2013. All rights reserved.