WBTV is changing channels on Time Warner digital cable (the changes will affect DIGITAL CUSTOMERS ONLY).
We will remain "Channel 2" on Time Warner Cable for customers without a digital box.
WBTV CHANNEL POSITION:
- Channel 2 for analog customers
- Channel 105 for digital customers
- Channel 1105 for those with HD
The new digital lineup rearranges digital channels above 100 into easy-to-find categories based on programming type, such as sports, music, and kids & family. The lineup will launch in the Charlotte area beginning March 30th. All Time Warner Cable digital customers across North and South Carolina will enjoy the new lineup by June.
The new channel lineup will be grouped as follows:
- 100s- Local Broadcasters & Local Programming
- 200s- Kids & Family, Learning & Discovery, Faith & Inspiration
- 300s- Entertainment, Home & Leisure, Shopping
- 400s- News & Information, Music
- 500s- Sports
- 600s- Movies
- 700s- Premiums, PPV & Events
- 800s- International
- 900s- Music Choice
- 1000s- On Demand
- 1100 and above- High Definition
For further convenience, customers can simply add a "1" to the digital channel number to find the HD version. For example, WBTV will be on channel 105, so the HD version will be found on 1105.
The rollout of the new digital lineup in the Charlotte area will occur over three weeks.
The schedule is as follows:
- Rockingham and surrounding communities in Richmond County
- Wadesboro and surrounding communities in Anson County
- Shelby and surrounding communities in Cleveland County
- Gastonia and surrounding communities in Gaston County
- Clover, SC
- Mooresville and surrounding communities in Iredell County
- Salisbury and surrounding communities in Rowan County
- Monroe and surrounding communities in Union County
- Indian Trail
- Fort Mill, SC