Braves vs. Nationals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 21
Ozzie Albies will try to collect his 100th RBI of the year (he has 99) when his Atlanta Braves (97-55) play the Washington Nationals (68-85) at 7:05 PM ET on Thursday.
The probable starters are Max Fried (7-1) for the Braves and Jake Irvin (3-6) for the Nationals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Nationals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: MASN
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Nationals Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Fried - ATL (7-1, 2.64 ERA) vs Irvin - WSH (3-6, 4.41 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Braves vs Nationals|
|Braves vs Nationals Odds|
|Braves vs Nationals Prediction|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Max Fried
- The Braves will hand the ball to Fried (7-1) for his 14th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last start was on Tuesday, Sept. 12, when he tossed five innings while giving up one earned run on four hits in a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 13 games this season with an ERA of 2.64, a 4.29 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.172.
- He has six quality starts in 13 chances this season.
- Fried has pitched five or more innings in six straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has five appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 13 chances this season.
Max Fried vs. Nationals
- The Nationals rank 21st in MLB with 659 runs scored this season. They have a .253 batting average this campaign with 143 home runs (29th in the league).
- The left-hander has allowed the Nationals to go 4-for-12 with a double and an RBI in 3 1/3 innings this season.
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jake Irvin
- Irvin (3-6 with a 4.41 ERA and 98 strikeouts in 118 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Nationals, his 24th of the season.
- In his last appearance on Saturday against the Milwaukee Brewers, the righty threw 4 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.41, with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 23 games this season. Opposing batters have a .248 batting average against him.
- Irvin is trying to record his ninth quality start of the season in this outing.
- Irvin has put up 15 starts this campaign that he pitched five or more innings.
- In two of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.