Accidental fire causes nearly $100K in damage at southeast Charlotte house

The fire broke out along Springhouse Lane on Friday morning.
A house on Springhouse Lane caught fire in southeast Charlotte early Friday morning.
Published: Nov. 17, 2023 at 5:09 AM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Firefighters extinguished a large house fire in southeast Charlotte on Friday morning.

The blaze broke out along Springhouse Lane, just off Rama Road, shortly after midnight, the Charlotte Fire Department said.

When they arrived, firefighters were met with heavy flames showing from the roof of the house. They were able to control the fire in about 21 minutes.

Officials said nobody was hurt in the blaze.

Firefighters said the fire was deemed accidental and was sparked by firepit embers igniting wooden deck boards.

The fire caused an estimated $97,000 in damage. Officials said the homeowners are currently unable to stay in the house.

Also Read: ‘Demand an answer’: Amid mass firefighter resignation, Stanley town officials say little

Watch continuous news coverage here: