Firefighters put out large fire at vacant house in east Charlotte
The blaze broke out just behind the Bojangles Coliseum on Thursday.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Firefighters have put out a large fire at a vacant house in east Charlotte on Thursday morning.
The fire was sparked at the corner of Paul Buck Boulevard and Chipley Avenue, behind the Bojangles Coliseum, shortly after 5:30 a.m., the Charlotte Fire Department said.
Once at the scene, firefighters were met with flames coming from the roof of the house.
Firefighters controlled the fire in about 30 minutes.
Investigators determined the fire was intentionally set with an estimated fire loss of $100,000. A firefighter sustained minor injuries while fighting the fire.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
More information will be made provided as it is made available.
Watch continuous news coverage here:
Copyright 2023 WBTV. All rights reserved.