Elementary school in Cleveland County evacuated after gas leak, officials confirm
Bethware Elementary School had to be evacuated on Wednesday morning.
CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) - Officials have confirmed that Bethware Elementary School was evacuated on Wednesday morning due to a gas leak.
Following the evacuation, school was dismissed at an offsite location.
Officials say that such procedures are included in school safety plans, and people at the school knew how to handle the situation.
The school is reportedly set to reopen tomorrow.
Copyright 2022 WBTV. All rights reserved.