Fire displaces 10 people in southwest Charlotte
No injuries were reported.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - A Saturday morning fire displaced 10 people in southwest Charlotte.
Firefighters responded to reports of a fire before 11 a.m. at a home on the 3400 block of Sargeant Drive. When they arrived, they found the front of the house was on fire.
The Charlotte Fire Department says the fire started accidentally when a torch-style cigarette lighter was dropped onto combustibles.
No injuries were reported, although a dog was killed in the fire.
CFD estimates the fire caused about $40,000 in damage.
The fire was controlled in about 10 minutes by 30 firefighters.
Copyright 2022 WBTV. All rights reserved.