Advertisement

Nearly all state health workers vaccinated in North Carolina

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said that it fired only 16 workers within the department’s state-operated health care system comprised of 14 facilities.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said that it fired only 16 workers...
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said that it fired only 16 workers within the department’s state-operated health care system comprised of 14 facilities.(AP Photo/Emilio Morenatti)
Published: Oct. 13, 2021 at 4:32 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Nearly all of North Carolina’s 10,000 employees at state-operated health care facilities are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have gotten an approved exemption.

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said that it fired only 16 workers within the department’s state-operated health care system comprised of 14 facilities.

The vaccine mandate was announced in July.

Workers had until the end of September to get fully vaccinated unless they were received approval for a religious or medical exemption.

Roughly 94% of workers are now vaccinated, while the remaining 6% have a special accommodation.

Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.