Two people displaced after house fire in Rowan County

Two people displaced after house fire in Rowan County
The Spencer Fire Department responded to a house fire early Sunday morning. (Source: Twitter: Rowan County CFP387)

SPENCER, N.C. (WBTV) - A reported electrical issue caused a home to go up in flames early Sunday morning.

A Rowan County American Red Cross worker says the Spencer Fire Department responded to a house fire on South Hudson Avenue in Spencer at about 2:30 a.m. Pictures posted on twitter show heavy flames and smoke coming from the home.

While firefighters were putting out the fire, they say the roof collapsed. The house is a total loss.

One police officer was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. No one else was hurt.

The American Red Cross is helping to people who lived in the home.

The cause of the fire was reported to be electrical.

Copyright 2021 WBTV. All rights reserved.