Advertisement

Fire at home under construction in northeast Charlotte ruled accidental

Home under construction catches fire in northeast Charlotte
Home under construction catches fire in northeast Charlotte(Charlotte Fire Department (Custom credit) | Charlotte Fire Department)
Updated: Dec. 29, 2020 at 8:33 AM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - No one was hurt when a fire broke out at a home under construction in northeast Charlotte Tuesday morning, firefighters say.

The fire started at a home off Caldwell Road off Back Creek Church Road. Charlotte firefighters tweeted video of the fire around 8:15 a.m.

Flames and smoke could be seen coming from the attic area of the home, which was undergoing renovations. It took 23 firefighters around 45 minutes to control the fire.

Fire investigators said just before 4:30 p.m. that the fire was deemed accidental and involved the HVAC unit. Property loss was estimated at $200,000.

No further information has been released.

Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.