WBTV’S Family Recipes: Abby Theodros Fries Up A Delicious International Appetizer
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Are you ready for another WBTV Family Recipe? Today, the boss of the Alert Center, Abby Theodros joined us in the kitchen to put her own spin on the traditional Sambusa dish. We also learned a little bit about Abby’s family and got a look at a super cute throwback pic! You can see that in the next video!
Ingredients for Abby’s beef Sambusa:
- 1 lb ground beef
- Half onion diced
- Two cloves of garlic minced
- Green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flour tortilla (for a burrito)
- One quart oil for frying
- 1 table spoon water
- 1 table spoon flour
- Heat olive oil in medium heat, saute onions, garlic, green onion
- Add ground beef, cook until about halfway done
- In a small dish, mix water and flour to make paste
- Quarter tortilla
- Take one piece of the tortilla and fold it into the shape of a cone and fill it with the beef
- Use paste to seal the tortilla
- Heat pot of oil - medium to high heat
- Once you have desired number of Sambusa, fry until golden brown
Don’t feel like cooking? Abby tells us there are a few Ethiopian restaurants in and around Charlotte, NC including Enat Ethiopian restaurant.
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.