CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police say they have issued several citations to businesses they say were either violating ABC rules or North Carolina and the county’s COVID-19 orders involving patrons and alcohol sales.
“During this time, approximately 289 establishments have been visited by law enforcement officers,” CMPD said in a release on Friday. “Of these locations, 217 were ABC permitted businesses while most of the remaining sites were gaming arcades.”
The following businesses received citations from CMPD:
- White House - Wilkinson Blvd. - Citation
- El Centenario - N. Tryon Street - Citation
- Fantasy Lounge - W. Morehead St - Citation/ABC
- J & J Tavern - University City Blvd. - Citation/ABC
- Chasers - The Plaza - Citation/ABC
- Pins Mechanical Company - W. Tremont Ave. - Citation
Just days earlier, CMPD said 11 businesses were cited as part of an operation targeting “Fish Arcades.”
Under Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order, arcades and adult gaming establishments are supposed to be closed or not allow customers inside.
These locations were issued citations for allegedly allowing customers inside:
- Elite Arcade - 2729 North Tryon St. Suite C
- Arcade Fish House - 4112 Monroe Rd. Suite 3
- Joe's Arcade - 6915 E. WT Harris Blvd
- Tip Top Sweepstakes - 1001 E. WT Harris Blvd
- Cash Now Arcade - 5303 David Cox Rd
- Fish Arcade - 5738 Susan Drive
- Stars Arcade - 5352 South Blvd
- The Arcade - 9521 Wilkinson Blvd
- Tank Arcade - 2103 N. Graham St Suite D
- Playhouse Arcade - 2300 N. Graham St.
- 007 Arcade - 4007 Wilkinson Blvd