Empire State Building lit up in purple and gold after LSU national championship win
NEW YORK (WAFB) - The Empire State Building is shining its world-famous tower lights in purple and gold on Monday, Jan. 13 to honor LSU for winning the 2020 College Football Playoff National Championship.
LSU won its fourth national title in school history by defeating Clemson at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
READ MORE: No. 1 LSU defeats No. 3 Clemson in CFP National Championship
The building acted as a virtual scoreboard of sorts. At the beginning of the game, the lights were split down the middle with purple and gold for LSU and orange and purple for Clemson. With each scoring play, all four sides of the building flashed in the scoring team’s colors.
See the colors LIVE here.
- How to WATCH/STREAM/LISTEN to LSU play in the National Championship
- Eye On The Title - 9Sports previews the chase for LSU’s fourth national title
- Former LSU QBs Flynn, Mauck believe Burrow has blue-chip to win National Championship
- Lloyd Cushenberry III known by his parents as a gentle giant whose dream is coming true
- Four players from LSU’s lackluster Curley Hallman-era reflect on 2019 Tigers season
- ‘Do it for Carley’ bracelets, t-shirts handed out in memory of Carley McCord
Copyright 2020 WAFB. All rights reserved.