Fire damages Charlotte’s United House of Prayer

Fire causes $40k in damage at United House of Prayer

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - A fire that broke out at a church in north Charlotte early Monday morning caused $40,000 worth of damage, firefighters say.

The fire sparked around 3 a.m. at the United House of Prayer on Beatties Ford Road near Lasalle Street. Lights illuminating crosses at the church caught the steeple on fire, officials say.

Someone walking by noticed the fire and called for help.

No injuries were reported. The fire was determined to be accidental.

Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.