CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - A family was displaced after an accidental fire at a two-story house in Charlotte Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Charlotte Fire Department, the incident happened at a home on Mayridge Drive.
Upon arrival, officials say smoke was showing from the two-story house.
A total of 23 firefighters controlled the fire in 10 minutes.
Officials determined the fire to be accidental that started in the kitchen.
Red Cross is assisting the family that was displaced. There was an estimated loss of $15,000 in the fire.
The fire is under investigation and no further information was released.