Rachael Ray Hickory Furniture Mart Contest 2008
1. No purchase necessary. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. The WBTV 3 Rachael Ray Hickory Furniture Mart Contest ("Contest") is sponsored by WBTV 3 and Hickory Furniture Mart ("Sponsors").
2. Eligibility. Contest is offered only to legal U.S. residents of the WBTV viewing area (for the purpose of the WBTV contest, viewing area is defined as NC: Alexander, Anson, Ashe, Avery, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Richmond, Rowan, Stanly, Union, Watauga Counties; SC: Chester, Chesterfield, Lancaster, York Counties). Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per family. Prize is non-transferable by winner. Employees of WBTV, WBTV LLC, Raycom Media, Inc., Hickory Furniture Mart, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and their advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), and the immediate families or members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term "immediate families" refers to parents, children, spouses, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsors upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsors will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if these Contest rules are not followed. By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these Contest rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsors.
3. To Enter. The Contest entry period commences at 12:00 a.m. ET on October 13, 2008 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 9, 2008. To enter, go online to www.WBTV.com and click the "Rachael Ray/Hickory Furniture Mart" icon. Complete and submit the electronic entry form, which includes fields for your name, complete address, and telephone number. Upon completion of the electronic entry form, click "submit" to enter the Contest. Sponsors will not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Limit one entry per person. Incomplete entries are void. Sponsors are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries are void. Entries generated by any automated means are void. Electronic and email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address at the time of the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the email address.
4. How to Win. One winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries on or around November 10, 2008. Prize must be personally accepted by the selected participant, either at the time WBTV telephones the winner or in a return phone call to WBTV by the selected winner within 24 hours of WBTV's initial phone call to the selected winner. Failure of a selected winner to personally accept the prize within this period forfeits the prize and a new winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The new winner is subject to the same conditions for accepting the prize. This process will continue until a prize winner is confirmed. Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information.
5. Prize and Odds of Winning. One winner will be awarded two (2) passes to see the Rachael Ray Show in New York, NY. Tickets must be used between November 2008 and March 2009. Exact date of tickets will depend on the Rachael Ray Show Production Schedule. Some restrictions may apply. Dress code, security check-in procedure, and other important details, restrictions and limitations will be conveyed to winner by the Rachael Ray Show's production team. Prize includes $500 cash to be used for travel. Total value of prize is $500 (Rachael Ray tickets are not available for sale and have no face value.) Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Transportation and accommodations in New York are not included. Winner and guest are responsible for making and paying for travel and hotel arrangements. Prize must be claimed at the WBTV Studios, One Julian Price Place, Charlotte, NC 28208, by November 21, 2008.
6. Terms and Conditions; Limitation of Liability. Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Contest Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Contest Rules. Any security breach or other attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. WINNER AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE SPONSORS, THEIR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS AND THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILIES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. By entering the Contest or by winning, participants grant to the Sponsors the right to publicize the participants name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, statements, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotion purposes without compensation and without opportunity for review, except where prohibited by law. Winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within 5 days of prize notification or the prize will be forfeited. Sponsors retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions of Sponsors are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner of the prize is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize or in the event the prize is forfeited for any reason, Sponsors, in their sole discretion, and if time permits, may select another winner from remaining entries. The laws of the State of North Carolina shall govern this Contest, without regard to North Carolina's choice of law rules. The courts of the State of North Carolina shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and winner agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of the State of North Carolina. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her Social Security Number for tax purposes. Prize may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prize is responsibility of winner.
7. Disclaimer and Force Majeure. Sponsors, their affiliates, parent, and subsidiary companies, their employees, agents and officers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest are not responsible for: (1) problems associated with television transmission, radio transmission, cable transmission, satellite transmission, phone lines, facsimile, or cable lines and/or phone or IP numbers that are beyond their control-this includes, but is not limited to: a busy signal, operator interference, cellular interference, Internet congestion, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of a phone call, facsimile transmission, email transmission, or cable modem service, or other Internet interruptions or malfunctions or for technical or other difficulties which may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the transmission of television or radio signals to all or limited geographic areas during the playing of the Contest or that may prohibit, prevent, or interfere with the acquisition, completion, or submission of an entry; failures of or other problems relating to computer hardware, software, the Internet, or similar systems, including but not limited to difficulties relating to contestants' ISP, DSL, or cable modem access, "worms," or viruses; (2) typographical errors in any materials relating to the Contest; (3) lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or delayed entry forms; (4) cancellations, postponements, or delays or any expenses incurred by winner as a result of any such cancellations, postponements, or delays; (5) Acts of God, acts of nature, inclement weather, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Contest Entities, their affiliated, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible, or impractical to continue the Contest or to perform in any respect under these Rules. Contest Entities make no warranty, guarantee, or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and Contest Entities specifically DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
8. Official Rules and Name of Winner. To receive a copy of these official Contest Rules, visit www.WBTV.com, or send an SASE to or visit the WBTV Channel 3 studios, One Julian Price Place, Charlotte, NC 28208. Official rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsors reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Contest rules as necessary, in their sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. For a list of winners' names, send an SASE by January 15, 2009 to WBTV 3, Rachael Ray Hickory Furniture Mart Contest Winner's List, One Julian Price Place, Charlotte, NC 28208.