Fireworks and Noise Complaints Over the Fourth? Call 311

One of the most common complaints over the Fourth of July weekend is about noise from fireworks.

While it would be nice if neighbors would be more considerate and refrain from late-night blasts, if it happens and the noise is extended and excessive, please call 311, not 911 with those reports. Directing these issues to 311 still receives police response but keeps 911 lines free for real emergencies.

The CMPD has added staffing throughout the divisions for the Fourth of July and with your help, we can keep it a safe and enjoyable holiday for all.