OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by Appalachian Summer Festival, Boone, NC. ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 8am EST, Tuesday, July 1, 2008 and ends at 12 midnight EST, Sunday, July 20, 2008. Entries must be received by 12 midnight EST, Sunday, July 20, 2008. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: NC counties include Alexander, Anson, Ashe, Avery, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Richmond, Rowan, Stanly, Union, Watauga Counties; SC counties include Chester, Chesterfield, Lancaster, and York Counties, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBTV-TV, Appalachian State University Office of Arts and Cultural Programs, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per person will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
- 3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 8am EST, Tuesday, July 1, 2008, individuals can log on to www.wbtv.com and complete the online entry form. Entries must be received by 12 midnight EST, Sunday, July 20, 2008 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
Prize package consists of:
- One night accommodation at the Broyhill Inn and Appalachian Conference Center in Boone, NC. Check-in July 26, 2008 and check-out on July 27, 2008. 2 Double Bed room.
- 4 tickets to the Charlie Daniels Band Finale Fireworks Concert on July 26, 2008 at 7:30pm at the Holmes Convocation Center in Boone, NC.
- Brunch for 4 on July 27, 2008.
All other expenses of the trip, including but not limited to meals and transportation, are the winner's sole responsibility.
Approximate value of package is $370. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- 5. How the Prize is Awarded. One winner will be randomly selected on or around July 21, 2008. Prize must be personally accepted by the selected participant, either at the time WBTV contacts the winner or in a return phone call to WBTV by the selected winner within 24 hours of WBTV's initial phone call to the selected winner. Failure of a selected winner to personally accept the prize within this period forfeits the prize and a new winner will be selected. The new winner is subject to the same conditions for accepting the prize. This process will continue until a prize winner is confirmed. Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information.
- 6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- 7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner, travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by July 24, 2008 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBTV-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from WBTV-TV if WBTV-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
The winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, the winner acknowledges that WBTV-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast the winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- 8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
- 9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBTV-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBTV-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- 10. Name of Winner. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WBTV, Inc., One Julian Price Place, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28208.