Education: She is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Family: Molly and her husband live in Charlotte with their daughter Parker & dog Fisher. They adopted him from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's Animal Care & Control.
Career: Molly co-anchors WBTV News at 5:30pm and 11:pm and solo anchors WBTV News at 10:pm on FOX 46 Carolinas. She is an Emmy-winning investigative reporter who was named TV News Reporter of the Year for both Carolinas in 2011. In 2012, Charlotte Business Journal named Molly as one of Charlotte's top "40 under 40" and The Mecklenburg County Times named her one of the "50 Most Influential Women". Molly joined WBTV News in 2003.
Prior to working in Charlotte, Molly reported at WLEX-TV in Lexington, Kentucky and WTVD in Raleigh-Durham. She got her start interning at ABC-TV (Australian Broadcast Corporation) in Sydney, Australia.
Favorite Stories: Since arriving in 2003, Molly has extensively covered gangs. In late 2008, Molly traveled to Los Angeles to interview Hispanic gang members known to be relocating to the Charlotte-area. Separately, she interviewed the only federal agent to ever go undercover with MS-13 and has closely followed Charlotte's three main gang busts.
Much of Molly's time is focused on featuring local children facing uphill medical battles. Among others, she has introduced us to Victoria Martinsen, Brandon Elam, Zach Ramsey, Cassidy Hooper, Emily Rose, Isabella Santos, Holt Grier, Grier Christenbury, Seth Strickland, Carey Heavner & Hope Stout. Pediatric cancer is a cause close to her heart.
Molly is also a spokesperson for Komen Charlotte. She helps host the annual "Race for the Cure" (with 25,000+ people!) and ever year is Captain of "Team Molly", one of the largest teams. Molly's mom is a proud breast cancer survivor and her grandmother was a proud survivor. Her great-grandmother died from the disease.
- Molly won an Emmy for a feature series and has been nominated for six others.
- Awarded multiple times in multiple reporting categories from RTNDAC (Radio & Television News Directors Association of the Carolinas).
- 2011 "TV Reporter of the Year" for both Carolinas by RTNDAC.
- Surprised in 2010 with Charlotte's Susan G. Komen "Promise of One" Award for her passion towards the breast cancer cause.
- An hour-long special she hosted and co-produced, "The Sobering Truth: Underage Drinking in Charlotte", was nationally recognized for Excellence in Reporting.
- Recognized in southeast region (11 states) for "Public Service" in the Green Eyeshade Awards.
- Charlotte viewers regularly name her as "favorite anchor" in various local contests.
Hobbies: Fun fact? You can call Molly, "CorkDork!". She doesn't mind. Her hobby is making vintage gifts from wine corks. (Check her website at www.CorkDorkGifts.com!) She also loves black and white photography, reading, writing, surfing and says she's just trying to figure out how to be able to spend every day at the beach while still getting a paycheck.