LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP 'LOLLIPOPS'
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbs grated lemon rind
Â¼ cup lemon juice, FRESH
3 tbs sugar
2 tbs hot sauce (any kind will do)
2 tbs Dijon mustard
2 each garlic cloves, pressed
Â¼ tsp salt
32 each shrimp, cooked, tail off, 26-30 count per pound
1 each large red onion, sliced
1 each red bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 each yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly
16 each 6" bamboo skewers
1. Place all the above ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
2. After whisking, pour mixture into a large zip loc style plastic freezer bag, seal, and place in refrigerator.
3. Meanwhile, boil shrimp and set aside to cool.
4. Once shrimp is cooled, place shrimp and remaining ingredients into the zip loc style bag with marinade. Marinate for 8 hours minimum, 24 hours maximum.
5. When ready, remove shrimp from marinade and drain.
6. Skewer the shrimp in a 'yin/yang' pattern at the end of each skewer.
7. Arrange skewers on show plate and garnish with chopped scallions and sliced peppers.