1. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. 2. Put the milk, cream, glucose and vanilla pods in a pan and bring to the boil. 3. Pour slowly on the egg and sugar mixture, whisking all the time, until smooth. 4. Leave to cool, then churn in an ice-cream maker. Date and freeze.
White Chocolate Ice-cream
Make as Vanilla ice cream, but omitting the vanilla pods and stirring 350g white chocolate into the warm mixture until melted.
350gm Unsalted butter 120gm sugar Pinch of salt 500gm plain flour 2 egg yolks, size 3 2 TBS water
1. Grate the lemon zest, add the lemon juice, suagr and eggs, whisk in the cream, cover and leave over night.
2. Cream Butter, sugar and salt. Add flour 100gm on low speed, add the eggs and the rest of the flour 100gm at a time, add the water if needed, cover and allow to rest 3 hours.
3. Dust beach and roll out the pastry and line a 10 inch flan case. Cover with plastic wrap, fill with baking beans . Rest for 20-30 minutes then blind bake at 200'C/400'F/Gas MK6 for 10 minutes, remove the beans and plastic, bake for a further 10 minutes
4. Fill the prepared flan case with the lemon mixture, bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes at 150/170'C, 300/350'F, Gas MK 2-3.
5. To serve cut into 8-10 portions, dust with fine sugar and glaze with torch. Serve with fresh vanilla ice-cream in a tuile basket with fresh mint and lemon sauce.