Warm Milk 2 cup
Active Yeast 1 packet
Salt 1 tablespoon
Honey ½ cup
Bread Flour 3 cup
Ground Cinnamon 2 teaspoon
Ground Nutmeg 1 ½ teaspoon
Ground Clove ½ teaspoon
Unsalted Butter 4 tablespoon
Dried Currants ½ cup
Dried Apricots ½ cup
Dried Cherries ½ cup
1. In a mixer, dissolve the yeast in the slightly warm milk.
2. Stir in the salt and honey.
3. Combine the flour and the spices and add to the milk and yeast.
4. Knead on medium speed for 8-10 minutes or knead by hand for 10-12 minutes.
5. Place the dough, covered, in a warm spot until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
6. Knead in the dried fruit.
7. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
8. Divide the dough into 36 equal pieces.
9. Roll each piece into a ball and place on a pan 1 ½ inches apart.
10. Cut a cross on the top of each bun.
11. Let the buns rise until they almost double in size.
12. Brush with an egg that has been beaten with a splash of water.
13. Bake @ 400°F for approximately 20 minutes or until done.
14. Cool slightly and drizzle a simple icing on the buns in the cross that was cut.
Powdered Sugar 2 cup
Light Corn Syrup 3 tablespoon
Hot Water ¾ cup