PINEVILLE, NC (WBTV) - An assisted-living facility in Pineville was evacuated due to a power outage at the location Saturday afternoon.
According to the Pineville Fire Department, Medic used their rehab bus and multiple trucks to move the residents.
The evacuation was necessary due to no air conditioning.
Officials say the power went out at The Haven Memory Care building at the complex.
A total of 42 people were moved out of the Haven building, onto MEDIC buses to stay cool then into the The Laurels assisted living building on the same campus.
Officials say a transformer exploded at the Laurels building around 12:15 Saturday afternoon and started a tiny grass fire after a power line fell.
Duke Energy reportedly came out earlier to to cut the power and repair the lines.
According to the Pineville Fire Department, Duke Power restored power to both the Havens and the Laurels around 4:45 p.m.
Officials said the buildings had generators, but neither fired up automatically like they're supposed to do before power was restored.
Emergency management brought a large generator to restore air-conditioning to the Laurels.
No one is hurt and everyone is hydrated. CATS brought buses to help with evacuation.
Crews are working to confirm all systems are restored before releasing residents back to their rooms.