Gas grill caused deadly Hickory fire

Gas grill caused deadly Hickory fire

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - A gas grill started a fire in Hickory that killed a man last Wednesday afternoon, fire officials say.

A passerby reported the fire in the 5300 block of Rogers Road just before 5 p.m. Firefighters arrived to a fully-involved fire at the two-story home.

The body of 63-year-old Gary Michael Martin was found on the second floor of the home, the fire marshal said.

The Burke County Sheriff's Office and the SBI assisted fire officials in the investigation.

Copyright 2018 WBTV. All rights reserved.