One person injured as house fire leads to rescue in northeast Charlotte

(Provided by Charlotte Fire Department)
(Provided by Charlotte Fire Department)
(John Sparks/WBTV)
(John Sparks/WBTV)

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - One person was injured as a house fire led to a rescue in northeast Charlotte Saturday afternoon.

According to the Charlotte Fire Department, the fire happened at a house in the 3400 Stephens Farm Lane.

The fire was reportedly controlled in five minutes and firefighters rescued a paralyzed person who needed help getting out.

Crews said that person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

The fire batallion chief said the fire started in the kitchen.

This incident remains under investigation and no further information was released.

Copyright 2018 WBTV. All rights reserved.