Dog dies in Charlotte house fire - | WBTV Charlotte

Dog dies in Charlotte house fire

(Provided by Charlotte Fire Department) (Provided by Charlotte Fire Department)
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

A dog died when a house caught fire in Charlotte Sunday morning.

According to the Charlotte Fire Department, the incident happened in the 9300 block of Hanworth Trace Drive.

Fire crews said smoke was showing from the two-story house when they arrived.

A total of 23 firefighters controlled the fire in less than ten minutes.

Crews determined the fire to be accidental due to an electrical malfunction with an appliance.

The people who live at the residence were not home, and the estimated property loss is $30,000.

No people were injured in the fire and no further information was released.

Copyright 2018 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly