5-year-old shocked at school after sticking bobby pin in socket - | WBTV Charlotte

5-year-old shocked at school after sticking bobby pin in socket

(Ron Lee | WBTV) (Ron Lee | WBTV)
(Ron Lee | WBTV) (Ron Lee | WBTV)
IREDELL COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -

A 5-year-old was transported to the hospital after sticking a bobby pin into an electric outlet Wednesday.

Officials say the child attended Park View Elementary School in Mooresville on West McNeely Avenue where the incident took place around 2:30 p.m. The child experienced a burn on the hand. Officials have not said the extent of the burn.

Emergency personnel say the child was transported to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. 

Officials have not released further information about the incident.

Copyright 2018 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly