Residents displaced after Rowan County house fire

Residents displaced after Rowan County house fire

ROWAN COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - Four residents in Kannapolis were displaced after a home caught fire Wednesday afternoon.

The fire broke out just before noon at a mobile home on Cloverfield Drive in the Atwell Community. The home was heavily damaged, with the back side of the home nearly destroyed.

It started on the back deck then worked its way to the exterior door on the back porch, according to officials.

Investigators have not released any damage estimates but did say the residents would be displaced.

Officials have not said what may have sparked the fire.

The Hanford Dole Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family.

Agencies responding to the fire were the Atwell, Enochville, China Grove, Landis, Kannapolis, Odell and South Iredell fire departments. There were no fire hydrants in the area, so other fire departments brought tankers to provide water.

Copyright 2018 WBTV. All rights reserved.