CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A family of five was displaced after a fire heavily damaged their home just north of uptown Charlotte Wednesday night.
Smoke and flames were seen coming from the single-story home located in the 2300 block of Arden Street. Firefighters tweeted about the fire around 7:20 p.m.
The family was inside the home when the fire ignited but were able to get out.
According to the Charlotte Fire Department, 23 firefighters were able to control the blaze within 10 minutes.
Two adults, three children and the family's dog were displaced, firefighters say. Firefighters say the fire was caused by cooking that was left unattended.
The Red Cross is assisting the family. The fire caused $50,000 in damage, firefighters say.
No one was hurt in the fire.