Thousands in damage in mobile home fire in Union Co.

Thousands in damage in mobile home fire in Union Co.
(Fred Craft | WBTV)
(Fred Craft | WBTV)

UNION COUNTY, NC (WBTV) - A mobile home caught fire in Union County early Sunday morning.

Officials say the home located on Apple Drive was an electrical fire caused by a power strip plugged into an outlet.

Monroe Fire Department estimated between $10,000 to $15,000 dollars in damage.

Everyone in the home made it out safely including two cats, according to officials. The family was able to locate alternative housing accommodations.

Copyright 2018 WBTV. All rights reserved.