Homeowner burned thawing out frozen pipes under home in Gaston C - | WBTV Charlotte

Homeowner burned thawing out frozen pipes under home in Gaston Co.

(Fred Craft | WBTV) (Fred Craft | WBTV)
GASTON COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -

A homeowner was injured after attempting to thaw out some pipes with a butane torch in Gaston County.

The incident occurred in the 600 block of Dallas Stanley Highway around 1 a.m.

Dallas Fire Department said the pipes were frozen underneath the home. The pipes caught fire after using the torch causing the person to suffer minor burns on the hands.

Officials say the homeowner put the fire out themselves. 

Copyright 2018 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly