GRANITE QUARRY, NC (WBTV) - A home in eastern Rowan County was damaged by fire on Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the 300 block of Phillips Drive in Granite Quarry just after 5:00 pm. The home is located in a cul-de-sac.
When firefighters arrived they found flames and smoke coming from a garage attached to the house.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control quickly. Damage was limited to the garage.
Investigators blamed the fire on cigarette butts placed in a trash can in the garage.
No one was hurt or displaced as a result of the fire.