Fire damages Granite Quarry home - | WBTV Charlotte

Fire damages Granite Quarry home

John Sparks-WBTV John Sparks-WBTV

A home in eastern Rowan County was damaged by fire on Sunday afternoon.  

Firefighters were called to the 300 block of Phillips Drive in Granite Quarry just after 5:00 pm.  The home is located in a cul-de-sac.

When firefighters arrived they found flames and smoke coming from a garage attached to the house.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control quickly.  Damage was limited to the garage.

Investigators blamed the fire on cigarette butts placed in a trash can in the garage.

No one was hurt or displaced as a result of the fire.

Copyright 2017 WBTV.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly