STATESVILLE, NC (WBTV) - A family was displaced after a fire destroyed their home in Iredell County Friday morning.
According to the Statesville Fire Department, the fire started at a home on Opal Street in Statesville just after 3 a.m. Firefighters said two sides of the home was engulfed in flames when crews arrived.
The blaze was started due to a space heater being "too close to furniture," firefighters said. The family of six "narrowly" escaped the fire, firefighters said.
The fire caused over $18,000 in damages.
No one was hurt in the fire.