Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup (makes 12-16 cups)
- 1 1/2 pound butternut squash
- 3 Braeburn Apples*
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 fresh sage sprigs
- 1 cup Crème Fraîche**
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
* Braeburn Apples are sweet, a little tart, and very firm that makes them perfect for roasting in this soup. You can use any firm apple like Granny Smith or a Golden Delicious for a substitution.
** Crème Fraîche is similar to sour cream. You can use sour cream to substitute or fresh whipped cream without sugar.