Toyota has been celebrating a lot of anniversaries lately. The Toyota Corolla recently celebrated its 50-year anniversary, and now there's another anniversary to celebrate on a different popular Toyota model. The Toyota Prius is officially into its second decade of production! The Prius was the world's first mass-produced hybrid passenger vehicle, and it's officially been on the road for 20 years now! Toyota of North Charlotte has all the information you need to know about the Toyota Prius, and how Toyota hybrids have made a difference in the effort to go green.
You've probably heard of the Toyota Prius, but do you know why this car in North Charlotte is so special? Here are some of its features:
- An estimated 54 mpg in the city and 50 mpg on the highway
- Six available trim levels
- Three drive modes
- Blind-Spot Monitor with Rear-Cross Traffic Alert
- Smart Key System with Push Button Start
- Available Head Up Display (HUD)
- Car backup camera
You may be wondering if Toyota hybrids can actually make a difference. Well, in just the 20 years since the Toyota Prius was released, these hybrids have saved an estimated 77 million tons of CO2! The amount of gasoline that has been saved could have taken us over 1.5 million round trips around the earth and the moon!
Here are some other ways that the ten million Toyota hybrids have made a difference in the world of environmental sustainability:
- Reduction in ground-level ozone – Did you know that hybrid vehicles produce as little as one tenth of the fuel emissions of conventional cars? That’s why our North Charlotte hybrids are so much better for the environment!
- Mitigation of air pollution – Our North Charlotte cars are extremely high tech! Thanks to that technology, they use less fuel than conventional cars. That saves you money at the pump and releases fewer pollutants into our atmosphere.
- Reduction of CO2 emissions – We mentioned this a little bit earlier, but how is it that Toyota vehicles have made such a reduction? Well, the inner workings of a hybrid car include both a traditional gasoline engine and electric motor. That means the engine doesn’t have to do all the work itself, creating less CO2.
If the classic Toyota Prius isn't your style but you still want a hybrid vehicle, you're in luck! Toyota has more hybrid models to choose from. These include:
- The Toyota Camry Hybrid
- The Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- The Toyota Prius v