Person falls asleep with lit cigarette, Belmont home catches fir - | WBTV Charlotte

Person falls asleep with lit cigarette, Belmont home catches fire

Fred Craft/WBTV Fred Craft/WBTV
Fred Craft/WBTV Fred Craft/WBTV
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

No one was hurt when a home caught fire in Belmont Saturday morning. 

The fire occurred at a home on Blanche Avenue around 2:20 a.m. 

According to the Mount Holly Fire Department, a lit cigarette caused the fire. A person was smoking inside the home when they fell asleep, firefighters said. 

The fire caused minor damage to the home. 

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly