Massive house fire in SouthPark area ruled accidental due to wir - | WBTV Charlotte

Massive house fire in SouthPark area ruled accidental due to wiring malfunction

(Credit: Ragan) (Credit: Ragan)
(Credit: Charlotte Fire Department) (Credit: Charlotte Fire Department)
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -

A massive fire at a home in south Charlotte Tuesday morning has been ruled accidental due to an electrical wiring malfunction, according to firefighters.

The Charlotte Fire Department says the fire broke out around 7 a.m. at a home in the 7000 block of Old Dairy Lane, near SouthPark Mall. It took more than 50 firefighters over an hour to get the blaze under control.

Fire officials tweeted video of heavy smoke and flames coming from the two-story home.

Firefighters on scene say no one was inside the home when the fire ignited.

No injuries were reported.

Officials said the damage is estimated at $450,000.

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved. 

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Resilient NC Transportation Museum boasts bigger attendance, new exhibits

    Resilient NC Transportation Museum boasts bigger attendance, new exhibits

    Thursday, July 19 2018 11:08 AM EDT2018-07-19 15:08:49 GMT
    (David Whisenant-WBTV)(David Whisenant-WBTV)
    (David Whisenant-WBTV)(David Whisenant-WBTV)

    It is a story of resilience and how to survive tough times.  In 2011 the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer appeared to be running out of track. 

    More >>

    It is a story of resilience and how to survive tough times.  In 2011 the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer appeared to be running out of track. 

    More >>
  • Six nurses in same NC hospital unit find out they're pregnant

    Six nurses in same NC hospital unit find out they're pregnant

    Thursday, July 19 2018 10:53 AM EDT2018-07-19 14:53:23 GMT
    Credit: Photo provided to CBSCredit: Photo provided to CBS
    Credit: Photo provided to CBSCredit: Photo provided to CBS

    Six nurses in Winston-Salem, North Carolina are sharing a serendipitous connection. All of them are pregnant, all of them work at an outpatient oncology clinic at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and all of them found out within months of each other.

    More >>

    Six nurses in Winston-Salem, North Carolina are sharing a serendipitous connection. All of them are pregnant, all of them work at an outpatient oncology clinic at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and all of them found out within months of each other.

    More >>
  • One person killed in Burke County house fire

    One person killed in Burke County house fire

    Thursday, July 19 2018 10:28 AM EDT2018-07-19 14:28:43 GMT
    (Steve Ohnesorge | WBTV)(Steve Ohnesorge | WBTV)

    The fire broke out just before 6:30 p.m. at a home on George Hildebran School Road. Officials said the victim's body was found as firefighters were putting the fire out.

    More >>

    The fire broke out just before 6:30 p.m. at a home on George Hildebran School Road. Officials said the victim's body was found as firefighters were putting the fire out.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly