Person, cat rescued from fire at Catawba County assisted living - | WBTV Charlotte

Person, cat rescued from fire at Catawba County assisted living facility

Credit: Conover Fire Department Credit: Conover Fire Department
Credit: Conover Fire Department Credit: Conover Fire Department
Credit: Conover Fire Department Credit: Conover Fire Department
CONOVER, NC (WBTV) -

No one was injured in a fire at an assisted living facility in Catawba County Saturday. 

According to the Conover Fire Department, a fire occurred at the Catawba Valley Assisted Living on Shook Road. The fire department tweeted about the incident around 10:30 a.m. 

Firefighters said heavy smoke was visible, but the fire was contained to the one of the rooms. 

Crews said all of the 64 residents had to be transported to a shelter at Oxford Baptist Church. 

A resident and a cat had to be rescued from the fire, firefighters said. 

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly