Foster's BBQ in Salisbury heavily damaged in fire caused by elec - | WBTV Charlotte

Foster's BBQ in Salisbury heavily damaged in fire caused by electrical issue

(Ron Lee | WBTV) (Ron Lee | WBTV)
(Photo courtesy a WBTV viewer) (Photo courtesy a WBTV viewer)
SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) -

A restaurant owner in Rowan County says he "lost everything" in a fire at his business Friday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 4:20 p.m. at Foster's BBQ and Grill on the 5500 block of Highway 601 in Salisbury. The owner, Robin Foster, said a power line to the restaurant was damaged during a recent storm, and that even though someone did come out and look at it, the line was never fixed.

The Salisbury Fire Marshall confirmed that the line did cause the fire.

Foster said there was no insurance on the building. 

A family friend, Rhonda Burgess, spoke about how important the business is to Foster.

“They live here, they stay here, this is their life. Their life is here. Robbie’s worked so hard through the years to get this place and something so tragic can take it from him like that," said Burgess.

Foster said he does plan to repair the business. He hopes to start a GoFundMe page to help raise money for the restaurant.

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly