Man receives third-degree burns in fireworks accident - | WBTV Charlotte

Man receives third-degree burns in fireworks accident

WBTV graphic WBTV graphic
CONOVER, NC (WBTV) -

A man was severely burned in an accident involving fireworks in Conover Tuesday night. 

The Conover Fire Department said a man had third-degree burns on the inside of both of his arms due to a firework accident. The man also had first and second-degree burns on several other parts of his body, firefighters said. 

The incident occurred just after 8 p.m., crews said. 

The man was taken to the hospital, but was then airlifted to a burn center. Firefighters were unclear what burn center the man was transported to. 

Fire officials said the injuries are not life-threatening. 

Crews are not sure exactly what happened, but did confirm fireworks were involved. 

Copyright 2017 WBTV. All rights reserved.
 

Powered by Frankly