CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Biscuits and sausage gravy
2 cups - Margarine, melted
2 ½ cups - Flour
1 Gallon - Milk
1 TBS - Salt
1 TBS - Pepper
2 ½ pounds - Pork Sausage
Your Favorite Biscuits, make them or go out and buy some!
1. Break up Pork Sausage and press flat on a baking sheet. Cook thoroughly and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt margarine then, over medium heat, gradually add flour stirring constantly.
3. Cook for 1 minute or until it starts to thicken.
4. Stir in milk slowly. Add salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Thoroughly crumble the sausage to ¼ inch pieces and stir into sauce including all of the rendered fat from the cook process.